Day 358 of 365: Sheri
Grilled Moroccan Sliders with Dill-Mint Yogurt
4 servings (2 sliders per serving)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, blended into oat flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Dill-Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Whole Wheat Pitas, quartered
- 8 slices of tomato
- 8 leaves of lettuce
- 8 thin slices of red onion
- Combine all yogurt sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Whisk together spices, garlic, egg and blended oats. Add chopped cilantro and ground beef. Mix with hands until just combined.
- Form meat mixture into 8 sliders. Brush each slide lightly with olive oil.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve each slider on ¼ pita bread topped with yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato and red onion.